Sunday, October 27, 2013

Shamy Gets a Kitten

 What an eventful few weeks! Halloween parties, kittens, fun, and of course we are now T-minus one week until my big move to Lakewood THIS Saturday. This Halloween William and I decided to be Dr. Sheldon Cooper and his sorta-girlfriend Neurologist Amy Farah Fowler from The Big Bang Theory. If you've never seen an episode, you need to. Extremely hilarious show. Inappropriate, but hilarious. Happily, we both had everything we needed to pull off the costumes except my $1.99 thrift store skirt we had to find and my $0.99 glasses Billy popped the lenses out of for me.

I think it turned out well!

We took a few pictures and headed out to our halloween party. I hope you enjoy the silliness as much as we did!



The left hand picture is of course, Billy and I, and next to it is a comparison to the TV couple.







We had a ton of fun with this. This is probably one of Billy's favorite shows, including my own, so we even had fun role-playing character lines. Yeah, things get lame sometimes with us. But it was fun to be called "Shamy" all weekend. Bazinga.


In other news, the Shamy couple also adopted a kitten this weekend! I can't bring him home to the apartment until after Jenelle and I are all moved in, but we are so excited!
Pet count for the future Mr&Mrs: 1 gecko and one kitten.

This little guy's name is Yetti (with two T's.)
He's an adorable little Tabby, with beautiful gray and white stripes and one heck of a personality. He's energetic and playful, and loves chewing on Billy's coat zippers as we found  today.
Luckily the two boys hit it off!! I may have kind of forced it, as I couldn't hold Yetti AND sign paperwork so naturally Billy had to hold the baby.
And now he is just as excited to bring him home as I am. I already have a pinterest board loaded with toy-making ideas. With my mom-ness and Billy's "Oh, I can make that" attitude, I'm sure we will have no shortage of things for Yetti to play with when we're not home. Oh! Yetti also has an extra toe! Hence the nickname "Yeti" at the shelter because of his hand-like paws and how big they are for him!


So an eventful 2 weeks it has been, with lots of packing and planning. By my next post, I will most likely be typing from my new apartment. Crazy! And possibly with a cat on my lap. Crying because I miss home.
People are really gonna need to give this girl some grace.
-Britney

No comments:

Post a Comment