Thursday, October 3, 2013

I Think its Time...


^Andalou Naturals. Love it.
To buy new shampoo. Yeah, that's all.
People that know me personally know I don't wash my hair often. 
Only twice a month. And no, Its not gross.  
Its called "no-pooing" and even I don't follow the term to its exact definition because I do in fact use shampoo, just very rarely. True no-poo-ers don't use shampoo at all and use a homemade baking soda shampoo. (If anything)
So this lovely bottle of shampoo and conditioner has lasted me a grand total of....drum roll....

19 months!....and counting :)  (There's still a lot left in there!)

Early March 2012 I decided to start no-pooing to save my hair and scalp. I had dry hair, split ends enough for the entire population, and my hair got super greasy after a day. After countless attempts at growing my hair out over the years, I was getting frustrated. It would just get too dead to be grown out!
So I decided to give it a whirl. I bought this lovely shampoo from Earth Fare, and I'm not going to lie it was like $10. Each. But I figured it would last forever from then on out, so I wanted good quality, healthy shampoo.
The first part of my journey with no-pooing was indeed gross. I had to break my hair's oil cycle, and I would never wish such a terrible process upon someone. Just imagine not washing your hair for 3 weeks, right from the rip. It was terrible. Needless to say my hair did not leave a pony-tail.
I did this for about 2-3 cycles. By the end of it, my hair was saved (: I can now go 2 weeks without shampooing, and by the day I shampoo my hair looks like about what it would be after an average 3 days of not shampooing for a normal girl.

I love it, and I'll never go back.

My hair grows like a weed now. I consistently need haircuts every 6-8 weeks. And not because of split ends! I barely ever get those anymore. I need a haircut because it grows wildly and I lose my style. I've had the same hair stylist through this all (since I was 15/16), and even she says my hair is extremely healthy and soft every time I see her. Each haircut I get only a 1/4in taken off. Just 'cause I should. 

I love no-pooing. I love the results, I love knowing my scalp is healthy, and I love saving money.
And so does Billy.

-Britney
Happy shampooing!


No comments:

Post a Comment