Saturday, September 21, 2013

Wedding tasks are...well, tasks.


Guest lists, reception venues and churches, photographers and videographers....AH!

My brain has slightly exploded over the last few months with the wedding planning that has had to be done. I thought I had it all under control, thinking "Oh hey, this won't be so bad- I have Pinterest!" But I was wrong. (If anything, 'Pinning' things made it worse...it's like creative ADHD)

Don't get me wrong - I am loving every second of being a bride-to-be, and having a loving fiance who is willing to help makes everything worth-while. But I just can't stress how much there actually is to do.
And all the questions that go through your mind!

"Will my reception be fun?"
"Will my reception be TOO fun?"
"Will people think my dress is pretty?"
"Will I be pretty?"
"Do I really need waterproof makeup? What if I can't get it off?"
"Our guest list is HOW big?"
"Food & alcohol & flowers are expensive...do we really need any?"
"Do the bridal girls and I really need shoes? What's wrong with being 'earthy'?"
"Do people really pay for 300 tubes of bubbles?"

And the list goes on. In reality, Billy and I want our wedding to be so much fun for our guests. Frankly, I think I care a little too much sometimes. As I have also been told by countless others. Maybe they're on to something. But until then, I will continue.

I've been dreaming of this day since before my memory, and now with Bill in the picture it is a perfect dream. I know one day it will all be over, and once we settle into our new little home we will treasure the wedding memories. You only get one! So even though it is a lot of work, I embrace it. I pray that everyone that shares our "Big Day" with us walk away not only with good memories, but with blessings. I know God has big plans for us as a married couple, so I say, why not throw a big party?

As Billy has learned to deal with my constant stress, we both know wedding tasks go a lot smoother when you give a girl grace.

-Britney
(Thank you Billy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment