Friday, January 17, 2014

Can You Spare a Quarter?

Apartment life has definitely been a blessing! But also extremely life-changing for me. Its amazing how fulfilling and happy it makes me to have a few hours one day to clean, do dishes, do laundry, and possibly cook some real food other than bagels.
So many little things pop up that no one ever thinks about while living at home. Granted, yes I was fully aware of small daily tasks at home, such as taking out the garbage, cleaning up the living room, etc. Most people (I hope) are, even as teens. But you don't realize how time comsuming - HOW NECESSARY- these little daily tasks are until you live on your own. If you don't do them, no one will! And if you want a presentable, cozy & clean home to come home to every night after work, strap the rubber gloves on.
And you don't realize how much hair falls out of your head everywhere every day until you live with another girl and have to sweep! (Jenelle and I are quite the shedders. Long hair problems, I guess.)

My biggest hurdle has been laundry. I DO keep up with it fine! I even separate my whites from darks....only because the washing machine here isn't big enough for both, though. I'm not that mom-ish yet to care. Why do my work socks need to be bleach-white anyway? Who cares.

Anyway.

But the quarters to start the machines. Oh, the quarters. It takes 10 quarters a load! So, on my day off, if I do both of my loads, its 20 quarters. Yeah, that's what I said. Who just has loads of quarters laying around?
So of course I've been scrounging. A quarter from someone at work, 2 from my car, finding them, whatever.
And I am proud to say as I type this that I have accumulated enough to put in a load of whites this morning.
I may have gambled to win 8 of those quarters from my employees at work, but that's okay too. As long as I have a clean pair of white, ankle-covering, uniform-approved socks for work today, I'm happy.

(No, This is not the 1st load of laundry I've done since moving day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment